ADSM-L

Re: Does TSM use all DB Volumes for I/O?

2002-10-02 03:08:38
Subject: Re: Does TSM use all DB Volumes for I/O?
From: Dan Foster <dsf AT GBLX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 07:07:58 +0000
Hot Diggety! Kilchenmann Timo was rumored to have written:
> I would vary much appreciate an answer to the question: Does TSM use all DB
> volumes for I/O (like round-robin) or does it fill a volume and then goes
> to the next one?

I do not know for sure, because I don't know of a TSM way to report
utilization statistics for db or log volumes on a per-volume basis.

But what I can tell you that from my observations, it _DOES_ do some
sort of round-robin on the diskpool volumes because it was almost perfectly
even when I filled up two diskpool volumes for the first time, throughout
the whole time.

That does not answer your question about dbvols and logvols, I know, but
it suggests that it might, since it does seem to do that for diskpool vols.

I'm sure that someone here will know the definite answer. :)

-Dan