ADSM-L

Changing the hostname - Effects on Tivoli Storage Manager

2002-10-02 01:46:55
Subject: Changing the hostname - Effects on Tivoli Storage Manager
From: "Ganu Sachin, IBM" <Sachin.Ganu AT KWA2.SIEMENS.CO DOT IN>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 11:09:49 +0530
Hi

I have restored my production Informix database (hostname PRD) on a test
system using Tivoli Storage Manager. The application is SAP R/3. Now I want
to change hostname of the test system from PRD to TST. I have a set
procedure for SAP and Informix to change hostname and SAPSID. I want to make
changed hostname in Tivoli Storage Manager. How do I do it ? The TSM server
and client is residing on the same m/c and I use TSM only to backup Informix
database and its control files .i.e. ixbar, oncfg......

Thanks in advance

Sachin Ganu
IBM Global Services(India)