ADSM-L

Windows NT4 SP6A Variable Network Performance

2002-09-30 21:19:49
Subject: Windows NT4 SP6A Variable Network Performance
From: Pat Atkinson <PatAtkinson AT SYNERGY.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 09:44:19 +1000
Hello All,

I am currently experiencing a problem with the network performance of NT4
clients.
The problem I am experiencing is that the speed at which the client passes
the data across the network.
I have performed traces on the client, and these indicate that the network
response data verb varies between 8 and 26 msec.
I have performed these tests via the network and also via a crossover
cable. The results are the same. The network is 100Mb switched.

TSM Client 5.1.1.5  WIN NT4SP6A
TSM Server 5.1.1.5 Win NT4SP6A

TSM TCPNODELAY YES
TSM BufferSize  656557 TXN BYTE LIMIT
TSM TCP Window Size 63
TSM TCPBuffersize 512

the TSM server can cope with as many clients as I can connect concurrently.

Any assistance gratefully accepted..

Pat Atkinson