ADSM-L

Re: ANR8403E DEFINE DRIVE: Operation not allowed for SHARED libraries.

2002-09-29 17:27:14
Subject: Re: ANR8403E DEFINE DRIVE: Operation not allowed for SHARED libraries.
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 00:12:49 +0300
Can you ping the library client from the library manager server (did the
crossdefine what it ought to) ?
There are not too many steps to err in.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Michael Donabauer <michael.donabauer AT ENERGIEAG DOT AT>
05.09.2002 16:20

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        ANR8403E DEFINE DRIVE: Operation not allowed for SHARED
libraries.

Hi *

I am on AIX 4.3.3 ML 09 with TSM 5.1.1.4. The Library is an 3584 LTO
Ultrium with 8 drives at the moment. Because of some special reason we
need a second TSM Server on our Backupserver.

On the Library Manager:
We have already a working installation of the Lanless-Backup Feature.
Therefore i guess that the configuration of the shared library is ok. The
pathes needed should be ok too.

On the Libary Client:
I configured the Server step by step with the manual.

1. define server ....... > ping server tsm1 > OK
2. define libary 3584LIB1 libtype=shared primarylibmanager=tsm1 > OK
3. define drive 3584LIB1 3584LIB1DRIVE1 > FAILED because of the following
error. Libraryname and Drivenames are the same as on the library manager.

> tsm: DCTM>define drive 3584LIB1 3584LIB1DRIVE1
> ANR8403E DEFINE DRIVE: Operation not allowed for SHARED libraries.
> ANS8001I Return code 3.

4. I can't define paths because the pathdefinition need the drive
configured before.

Thx Mike