ADSM-L

Re: Win2k client - specifying a specific ethernet adapter

2002-09-29 02:14:53
Subject: Re: Win2k client - specifying a specific ethernet adapter
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2002 07:49:00 +0300
I see no answer on this so here is one
The key point is TCPServeraddress option and the IP routing table on the
node. Based on server address and routing info the IP stack will make the
decision through which interface to send the data. Example
TSM Server
100 Mb - 172.16.1.1
1 Gb - 192.168.1.1
Node
100 Mb - 172.16.1.5
1 Gb - 192.168.1.5
So if you specify TCPServeraddress 172.16.1.1 IP stack will send the data
over 100 Mb interface. You have to use 192.168.1.1.
TCP Clientaddress is just where the server should contact the client in
SCHEDMODe PRompted. To send schedule info over 1 Gb dedicated LAN just to
send the backups over 100 Mb production LAN is of no value.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Steve Schaub <Steve.Schaub AT HAWORTH DOT COM>
22.08.2002 19:20