ADSM-L

NDMP support in TSM

2002-09-27 14:37:28
Subject: NDMP support in TSM
From: "Jelinek, David G." <David.Jelinek AT CMICH DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:48:37 -0400
I've been looking through the TSM documentation on NDMP support in TSM. >From
what I can see, it looks like TSM only supports NDMP with a specific vendor's
machines. Specifically Network Appliance's servers. I hope that this is not
true. We are using a Mirapoint mail server. It only supports NDMP backups. We
would like to back it up through TSM. I know we have to update our server to
the latest level before we try this, but it would be nice to know beforehand if
it has a chance of working. What version or level (if there is such a thing) of
NDMP does TSM support?

David Jelinek