ADSM-L

Re: W2K Cluster files to exclude

2002-09-27 14:35:14
Subject: Re: W2K Cluster files to exclude
From: prasanna S ghanekar <gpresy AT LYCOS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:32:31 -0400
Hello Everyone,

My question slightly varies from the original one but is it possible for anyone
of you to outline procedure to start backing up cluster server using TSM backup
client, I'd really appreciate.

I'm about to get two new cluster nodes that would need to be backed up.

Thanks in advance,

Prasanna
EDS
--

On Fri, 27 Sep 2002 12:44:47
 David Longo wrote:
>Yes, they can be excluded.
>
>David Longo.

>We've just started backing up a W2K cluster with the 5.11 client.  The
>following files are locked exclusively:
>
>09/27/2002 00:02:41 ANS4987E Error processing
>'\\xxxxxx\c$\WINNT\cluster
><\\cowsvd51\c$\WINNT\cluster>  \CLUSDB': the object is in use by
>another
>process
>09/27/2002 00:02:41 ANS4987E Error processing
>'\\xxxxxx\c$\WINNT\cluster
><\\cowsvd51\c$\WINNT\cluster>  \CLUSDB.LOG': the object is in use by
>another process
>
>I'm assuming that these can be excluded because the Cluster DB is
>backed up
>as part of the System Object?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tim Rushforth
>City of Winnipeg
>

>"MMS <health-first.org>" made the following
> annotations on 09/27/2002 12:46:04 PM
>This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential,
>proprietary, or legally privileged information.  No confidentiality or
>privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this
>message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your
>system, destroy any hard copies of it, and notify the sender.  You must not,
>directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of
>this message if you are not the intended recipient.  Health First reserves the
>right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any views or
>opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the individual sender,
>except (1) where the message states such views or opinions are on behalf of a
>particular entity;  and (2) the sender is authorized by the entity to give
>such views or opinions.

Tired of all the SPAM in your inbox? Switch to LYCOS MAIL PLUS