ADSM-L

Re: WIN2k Clients Backing up Executables ALL THE TIME

2002-09-26 16:30:18
Subject: Re: WIN2k Clients Backing up Executables ALL THE TIME
From: "Rushforth, Tim" <TRushfor AT CITY.WINNIPEG.MB DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:22:58 -0500
Windows 2000 backs up the system files (a whole whack of dll's and exe's) as
part of the system object.  The default domain for an incremental includes
the System Object.  You can change the default ALL-LOCAL domain to not
include the system object BUT be aware that the SYSTEM OBJECT also contains
the registry, event logs, cluster db, active db, comm db ...)

All system files are backed up every time regardless of whether they are
changed.

Tim Rushforth
City of Winnipeg