ADSM-L

how to keep all data on disk for quicker restores

2002-09-26 16:30:29
Subject: how to keep all data on disk for quicker restores
From: "Coviello, Paul" <PCoviello AT CMC-NH DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 16:00:22 -0400
Hi as the subject refers to "how to keep all data on disk for quicker
restores"  I have been tasked, again, to change the way TSM operates and to
do a scheduled full backup once a week and incrementals in between. ( stop
laughing! )
we currently have an H70 running AIX with an ATL P2000 100 tape library.
and others in the dept want to have data so that at any point we can restore
a system from disk. and not tape unless of a disaster.  we currently have
vers set for 30 and no co-location. our diskpool is currently 60gb  we seem
to backup approx 80gb a night.

  if anyone would like to share thier thoughts... because mine are going
very quickly

thanks
Paul

        Paul J Coviello