ADSM-L

Re: archiving with different management classes

2002-09-26 09:56:17
Subject: Re: archiving with different management classes
From: Justin Bleistein <justin.bleistein AT SUNGARD DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:28:57 -0400
In unix you use the "archmc=" paramter not sure in Windows though.

--Justin

                      "kurt.beyers@pand
                      ora.be"                  To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <kurt.beyers             cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM:          Subject:  archiving with
different management classes
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      09/26/2002 08:29
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Hi,

I've got to take every month a monthly archive and once a year a yearly
archive. Of course the protection of the latter archive is longer.

The default management class has the correct archive copy group for the
monthly archive (management class MGMT_SWS). I've created a second
management class (MGMT2_SWS) for the yearly archive.

The default dsm.opt client options file binds the archive to the correct
management class for the monthly archive. I've created a second client
options file dsm2.opt with an include.archive statement towards the
management class MGMT2_SWS

If I launch the archive from the command prompt as:

dsmc archive -optfile=c:\temp\dsm2.opt -subdir=yes c:\*.* d:\*.*

the archive of the files is indeed done with the management class MGMT2_SWS

If I specify a schedule:

Policy Domain Name POL_SWS
Schedule Name TEST4
Description -
Action ARCHIVE
Options -optfile=c:\temp\dsm2.opt -subdir=yes
Objects c:\hp\* d:\windows\winzip81\*

the archives are bind towards the management class MGMT_SWS and not towards
the management class MGMT2_SWS. The scheduler is bound to the dsm.opt file
but if I specify another client options file in the options, this should
override the default settings.

Am I missing something?

Kurt