ADSM-L

Does anyone implement Space Mgr + NFS on windows + AIX successfully?

2002-09-26 07:31:41
Subject: Does anyone implement Space Mgr + NFS on windows + AIX successfully?
From: Molly YM Pui <puimym AT HK1.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:31:03 +0800
Dear TSMers,

Does anyone have experience on using Tivoli Space Manager with NFS windows
client? I'm facing a problem and seems to be in NFS Client side. If anyone
have successfully implemented this, appreciate you can let me know what NFS
client you are using and what specific settings I need to have. Many
thanks.

My problem encountered:
When a NFS Client (haven't installed HSM Client) is trying to access files
that are previously migrated to the tape library,
the files are unaccessible.  For instance, when using MSWord to open a .doc
file, the file would not be opened and the application hangs.
 When checking from the AIX Server end, it indicates that the file was
retrieved from the tape successfully,
in another words, no error is reported from TSM nor Tivoli Space Manager.
 .
 However, if files are retrieved locally from the server (through NFS
Client also), there is no problem in opening any of them.

My environment is like this:
**** Server *****
 Product: TSM Server, TSM API Client, Tivoli Space Manager
 Version: 5.1
 Platform: AIX 5L
 .
 ***** Client *****
 Platform: Windows 2000 Professionalw/ SP2
 NFS Client Software: (a) InterDrive Client (b) Omni-NFS-Enterprise v5.1
 .
 LTO 3583 Library with one tape drive installed.
 100BaseT Network

Best Regards,
 Molly Pui