ADSM-L

Re: starting TSM without it doing anything

2002-09-26 04:13:25
Subject: Re: starting TSM without it doing anything
From: William White <White AT UNICC DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 09:48:42 +0200
Dear Listreaders:

Some time ago I had a problem with TSM (I believe it was V4.1.2) server for
OS/390.  I had managed to make some kind of error in specifying threshholds
(For migration as far as I remember) that caused TSM to go into a loop as
soon as it was started.  While in the loop, commands were not processed.
The support center gave me an undocumented parameter for the server options
file:

     NOMIGRRECL

This option prevented migration and reclamation from starting and allowed
me to issue commands to reset the threshholds.

I don't know if it still works ( It's always the case for undocumented
features, of course.)

William White
Service Delivery Section
International Computing Centre (ICC)