ADSM-L

Re: help:label tape question

2002-09-26 01:47:06
Subject: Re: help:label tape question
From: Rolf Meyer <rolf.meyer AT SUBNET DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:44:50 +0200
Hello

On Donnerstag, 26. September 2002 05:31, fenglimian wrote:
> Hi all,
>    I have a 3494 library with two dirve,the backup-archive server with ADSM
> .When the library must label 200 tapes a time,at the same time ADSM must
> have backup some date,can these two operations be doing at the same time?

Yes, if your backup task only need one tape drive, as you have only two.

>    Last can you tell me what's the "scratch pool" ?

Scratch Pool is a tape pool containing all free 'scratch' tapes, which can be
used for all defined tape storage pools. So you don't need to calculate the
amount of tapes for a specific tape storage pool.

Greetings
Rolf Meyer
Systems Consultant
Info Business Systems GmbH