ADSM-L

Re: AUTOMOUNT options file option?

2002-09-25 21:16:23
Subject: Re: AUTOMOUNT options file option?
From: "Chetan H. Ravnikar" <Chetan.Ravnikar AT SYNOPSYS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 18:10:09 -0700
On Wed, 25 Sep 2002, Thomas A. La Porte wrote:

> Has anybody successfully used the AUTOMOUNT option in a client
> options file, along with the 'DOMAIN all-auto-nfs' statement?
>
> Regardless of what I choose in my AUTOMOUNT directive, I receive
> the following error message:
>
> 09/25/02   16:55:21 Filesystem /studio/sin/mstr/general is no
> automounted filesystem, ignoring option automount for this
> filesystem.
>
> As can be seen from the mnttab file, this is indeed an
> automounted filesystem:
>
> # grep /studio/sin/mstr /etc/mnttab
> auto.studio-sin-mstr    /studio/sin/mstr        autofs
> indirect,ignore,dev=428012b     1032470327
>

> I get the same behavior on an TSM 4.2 client on Irix, TSM 5.1 on
> Solaris, and TSM 4.2 and 5.2 on Linux.
>
> I have also tried it for my home directory 'AUTOMOUNT
> /usr/home/tlaporte' with similar results.
>
> For what, exactly, is the AUTOMOUNT directive looking?
>
> The frustrating point is that
>
> 'dsmc incr -domain="/usr/home/tlaporte"' seems to work fine, and
> a query of that node reports a filespace type of NFS3.
>
> Thanks for anybody's thoughts or experiences on the matter.

tell me what you want to achive and I will try and help you.
I had the same probelm to get autmount working on solaris-2.8 and TSM
4.2.20. Infact never got it to work., But I have a workarround.

In my environment, I have a design to backup auto-mounted netapp filers
snapshot directories over NFS

Cheers..