ADSM-L

Re: help:adsm check out question

2002-09-25 12:54:10
Subject: Re: help:adsm check out question
From: "Trinh, Tony" <tony.trinh AT INTEL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:36:35 -0700
Feng,

When you checking out the tapes...I have nothing to do with the drive...The
drives will continue to run
It backup...The robot will move the tapes out of the library after you run
the commands...

Remember, these are live data tapes...(Which means there are data still on
these tapes) Lock them up
Somewhere safe...when you are ready to check them in or when the TSM
application request for it for
A restore, migration or reclaiming the data from the tape...You will need to
check it back in...

The command to check these tapes in are:

ADSM>checkin libv XXXX **** devt=3590 status=private

(XXXX) your library name
(****) the tapes volume
Devt=???? (depends on what you are using)

TT