ADSM-L

Re: Missing volume

2002-09-25 03:57:13
Subject: Re: Missing volume
From: Halvorsen Geirr Gulbrand <gehal AT WMDATA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:56:43 +0200
Hi Sam,
most likely the tape is not checked in. When you delete data from it, it
returns to scratch, and is no longer defines in a storagepool - which is why
you can't see the volume with q volume. If you can't see the volume with q
libvol, it is normally because it is not checked in. Check this select *
from volhistory where volume_name='xxxx'
Now check the LAST entry in the list, for this volume. If it says TYPE
STGDELETE your volume is OK, and you just check it in to your library.

Rgds.
Geirr G. Halvorsen