ADSM-L

Re: HELP!... What processes can/can't run simultaneously and what throttles throughput on backup sessions ?

2002-09-24 17:26:35
Subject: Re: HELP!... What processes can/can't run simultaneously and what throttles throughput on backup sessions ?
From: Nancy Reeves <Nancy.Reeves AT WICHITA DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:24:09 -0500
Another thing to consider is that each time an email comes in to the
Domino server, some user file is getting changed. If a file is changed
while TSM is backing it up, it starts over (depending on your settings).
This bit us when we started backing up our Domino server. Since you are
using the TDP (which we weren't at first) this might not be an issue, but
it's worth looking into.

Nancy Reeves
Technical Support, Wichita State University
Nancy.Reeves AT wichita DOT edu          316-978-3860