ADSM-L

Re: TSM sizing

2002-09-20 10:31:39
Subject: Re: TSM sizing
From: William Rosette <Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:10:29 -0400
We currently have in place, for every Client that is to be backed up, we
need 50 tapes for TSM.  Now that, that seems to supply the offsite and tape
quantity (average), I am asking if anybody else does more.  Case in point,
we have a client that is going to increase with 900 GB Dasd. What about the
DASD for the TSM server database, and storage pools, not to mention maybe
more tape drives, (we currently have 10, 3590 E1A-x drives in a 3494 Tape
Library SCSI attached) Does anybody have a scale of say 18 GB (2 %) for
Database/Recovery Log, and 400 GB (50%) for storage pool increase, or
whatever.  If I don't stay up with the Jones/Clients, TSM will get left
behind.  Thanks for your help in advance.

Thank You,
Bill Rosette
Data Center/IS/Papa Johns International
WWJD