ADSM-L

Re: How can I tell what tapes are in a BackupSet?

2002-09-20 09:33:36
Subject: Re: How can I tell what tapes are in a BackupSet?
From: Joe Pendergast <jpendergast AT WATSONPHARM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 06:27:56 -0700
I use the follwoing statement in excel to return the volumehistory information
tied to the backupset information.
Notice it is keyed off of the date and time so it is possible (although rare) to
 get some invalid information.

SELECT VOLHISTORY.VOLUME_NAME, BACKUPSETS.NODE_NAME, BACKUPSETS.BACKUPSET_NAME,
BACKUPSETS.DATE_TIME, BACKUPSETS.RETENTION, VOLHISTORY.TYPE, VOLHISTORY.COMMAND
FROM BACKUPSETS BACKUPSETS, VOLHISTORY VOLHISTORY
WHERE BACKUPSETS.DATE_TIME = VOLHISTORY.DATE_TIME

"Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM> on 09/19/2002 02:32:34 PM