ADSM-L

Re: IBM quote

2002-09-19 16:41:25
Subject: Re: IBM quote
From: "Levinson, Donald A." <dlevinso AT ACSALASKA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 12:07:50 -0800
I just got a new quote and it appears that we now buy the product number on
a per-processor basis instead of per-point or tier. For instance to buy the
Data Protection for SQL (oracle) agent for a dual processor Compaq running
Intel I was told to buy two of D510ELL IBM TSM for DBS processor Lic with 10
points each. However I was only told to buy one of D5127LL IBM TSM processor
lic for the TSM client for 1 point. I wish they would settle on one easy to
understand price model and then track it the same way in Passport Advantage
so I could tell what I bought.