ADSM-L

Re: Client install on Unix (Also running TDP for Oracle)

2002-09-19 14:50:17
Subject: Re: Client install on Unix (Also running TDP for Oracle)
From: Neil Rasmussen <rasmussn AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 07:58:16 -0700
Mark,

libApiDS.so is the TSM API library which is also part of the BA Client
package. When you removed the BA Client with 'pkgrm', you also removed the
TSM API library. TDP Oracle has a dependency on the TSM API library to
communicate with the TSM Server. Essentially, the rug was just pulled out
from under Oracle. What needs to be done to fix this is to make sure all
the links are in their proper places. With all Oracle/Rman instances
shutdown (including listener), check that the following links are in
place:

(I will assume 32bit)

$ORACLE_HOME/lib/libobk.so -> /usr/lib/libobk.so
/usr/lib/libobk.so -> /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin/libobk.so
(Make sure the libobk.so file exists in /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin
)

/usr/lib/libApiDS.so -> /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin/libApiDS.so
(Make sure the libApiDS.so file exists /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/api/bin )

You may want to run the command: # /usr/ccs/bin/what /usr/lib/libApiDS.so
| more

This should tell you that this link is pointing to a valid TSM API and it
will give you the version of the API. Since you upgraded client to 5.1,
the API should have been upgraded as well, and the 'what' command should
reflect this. If you find the TSM API is not installed you can reinstall
the BA Client package and only select the API for that installation. Hope
this helps.