ADSM-L

Re: 4.2.x selects from DRIVE table

2002-09-19 14:49:34
Subject: Re: 4.2.x selects from DRIVE table
From: Mark Stapleton <stapleto AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 08:49:22 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU]On Behalf Of
Alexander Verkooijen
> I can reproduce this on our 4.2.2.10 (AIX) server.
>
> Hardly WAD or a new feature, I think you found a bug.

(Alexander, reconfigure your email client so your reply-to points to the
ADSM-L mailing list.)

Although I don't have a 4.2 machine to look at, I suspect you've run across
the result of introducting the concept of PATH to TSM. The path table
probably contains the device data you're looking for. (The DRIVES table in
5.1 doesn't even have a DEVICE column; it has a DEVICE_NAME column.)

Certified TSM consultant
Certified AIX system engineer
MCSE