ADSM-L

Re: LAN-free backup goes SAN, LAN, SAN

2002-09-19 08:31:35
Subject: Re: LAN-free backup goes SAN, LAN, SAN
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2002 05:22:35 -0700
Yes, this is a client problem. The IC33316 APAR was opened against the
client. The problem affects 4.2 and 5.1 (the text has been modified to
mention that 4.2 is also affected). I also read your post too quickly, and
missed the point that this was an AIX client, not Windows. My apologies
for the confusion.

For AIX 4.3, client patch levels 4.2.2.5 and 5.1.1.5 contain the fix for
IC33316.

For Windows, client patch levels 4.2.2.8 and 5.1.1.5 contain the fix for
IC33316 (the README for 4.2.2.8 does not mention IC33316, but the fix is
in there).

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Internet e-mail: storman AT us.eyebm DOT com (change eye to i to reply)

The command line is your friend.

Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
09/18/2002 23:42