ADSM-L

Re: Secure remote administration for TSM on AIX

2002-09-18 17:32:53
Subject: Re: Secure remote administration for TSM on AIX
From: "Walker, Thomas" <Thomas.Walker AT EMICAP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 17:33:37 -0400
SSH is a much better way to talk remotely with a unix based machine.
Everything (including your login id and password) is encrypted. Plus the SSH
suite includes sftp with is ftp without the clear text passwords flying
around the internet. Also, I believe that the newer versions of TSM have 128
bit encrypted Web administration as well. Installing SSH on AIX is a little
tricky, but not horrible. I think IBM has instructions on thier website.

Regards,

Tom Walker
212-408-8311