ADSM-L

Client install on Unix (Also running TDP for Oracle)

2002-09-18 16:09:18
Subject: Client install on Unix (Also running TDP for Oracle)
From: Mark Hayden <MHayden AT EPA.STATE.IL DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:00:44 -0500
Question, we just finished installing just the client on a Unix machine running
Solaris 8. We upgraded the client to TSM 5.1 When we did the PKGRM for just the
Tivoli client software, (did not remove the TDP for Oracle) we noticed that we
could not bring the Oracle DB back up. It was looking for a file called
libApiDS.so which is located in the API/BIN directory of the client. So when we
removed the TSM software, we started to get the error. My question, does anyone
know why and what this file is used for???? Below is the actual error.

ld.so.1: oracleorap: fatal: libApiDS.so: open failed: No such file or directory
ERROR:
ORA-12547: TNS:lost contact

Thanks, Mark Hayden
Informations Systems Analyst