ADSM-L

Large files > 2GB

2002-09-18 08:47:26
Subject: Large files > 2GB
From: Michael O'Brien <michael.obrien AT CO-OPERATIVEBANK.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:37:36 +0100
This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee and is strictly confidential.
If you are not the addressee, please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or
act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead please e-mail it back to the
sender and delete the message from your computer.

E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free and The
Co-operative Bank accepts no liability for changes made to this e-mail (and any
attachments) after it was sent or for viruses arising as a result of this
e-mail transmission.

Any unauthorised reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
modification, distribution and/or publication of this e-mail message is
strictly prohibited.

The Co-operative Bank reserves the right to intercept any e - mails or other
communication for permitted purposes in accordance with the current legislation
which you send to, or receive from, any of the employees or agents of the Bank
via Bank telecommunication systems. By so corresponding you also give your
consent to the Bank monitoring and recording of any correspondence using these
systems.

The Co-operative Bank p.l.c. is registered in England and Wales, number 990937.
The registered office is at PO Box 101, 1, Balloon Street, Manchester, M60 4EP.

Hi,

I'm trying to backup a directory containing several large files, some of the
files are >5GB. When I run dsmc backup /directname/ I doesn't backup any of the
files in the directory.

If I then try to backup an individual file of  600mb it backups up successfully.
But if I try to backup a 5GB file it fails.

Have anybody experienced similar problems using tsm on HPUX 11.00

Thanks
Mike