ADSM-L

Bare Metal Recovery with Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Interne t Explorer 6

2002-09-18 02:53:05
Subject: Bare Metal Recovery with Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Interne t Explorer 6
From: Kloker Michael <Michael.Kloker AT BC.BOEHRINGER-INGELHEIM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 08:37:46 +0200
I tested the last days bare metal recoveries of a Windows 2000 Advanced
Server with Internet Explorer 6 installed on it.
I followed the instructions of the basic Windows 2000 BMR procedere with TSM

- installing a windows 2000 basic system
- configuring Servername and IP address
- installing Service Pack to original level
- installing TSM Client
- performing a TSM restore of the System Partition
- performing a TSM restore of the Windows System Objects
- performing a restore of the other partitions

The result looks fine. The most settings are brought back, but the Internet
Explorer 6 is missing. Starting the Internet Explorer, shows you the
startscreen of Internet Explorer 5. If you try to repair the Internet
Explorer 6, you get a message that serveral dlls have not the right version.

My opinion is, that the dlls, which could not be restored, are in use. Is
their a solution, that TSM can restore dlls which are in use?

MfG

Michael Kloker

A Informationsverarbeitung
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma KG
Birkendorf Str. 65
88397 Biberach
(0 73 51) 54 - 4976
mailto:michael.kloker AT bc.boehringer-ingelheim DOT com