ADSM-L

classified material on tape(s)

2002-09-17 23:57:46
Subject: classified material on tape(s)
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 20:55:28 -0700
I would like to hear from anyone who may have dealt with classified material
mistakenly being backed up through TSM. Do you have any documentation in
place to handle this? If so would you please contact me offline from the
list so we can discuss. I would like to see what solution(s) are out there I
can put forth to handle this. If a file is spread across multiple servers
how difficult is the purge going to be and how much time is it going to take
to find out which tapes the file is on, both on and offsite volumes.

I am at work, west coast time, about 6AM. I am willing to call anywhere as
long as I have numbers if that's what it takes but would also like to see
your procedures if at all possible.
Thanks,
Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer
SAIC
E-Mail:    <mailto:gillg AT saic DOT com> gillg AT saic DOT com
Phone:  (858) 826-4062
Pager:   (877) 905-7154