ADSM-L

Re: 3494 Pause Mode and TSM

2002-09-17 13:53:01
Subject: Re: 3494 Pause Mode and TSM
From: Greg Tice <Ticeg AT SCHNEIDER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:52:07 -0500
The easiest way we have found is to use the tapeutil utility and download
the code to the drives from the server side.  You just offline the drives
one at a time and perform the upgrade.  Super easy!

Good luck,

Greg

                    "Villegas,
                    Beatrice"            To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    <bvillegas@ADT       cc:
                    .COM>                Fax to:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     3494 Pause Mode and TSM
                    "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MAR
                    IST.EDU>

                    09/17/2002
                    12:10
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hi TSM'ers,

I have a quick and perhaps simple question. We have to upgrade the firmware
on all our 10 3590 drives and for this we need to put the Library in Pause
mode.

My question is: Should I stop TSM during this time? Or should I just put
all
the drives offline?
Is there anything else I should do on TSM?

Thanks in advance,

Beatriz