ADSM-L

Re: new server migrations

2002-09-16 17:49:27
Subject: Re: new server migrations
From: "Kelly J. Lipp" <lipp AT STORSOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:49:22 -0700
1 won't work.  Period.

2 will work, but will take about 6453 years (give or take).  How about
keeping the existing TSM server around until the data expires just in case
you need to do a restore?  Start from scratch with your clients on the new
system.

If you have archives with long retentions, export and import those from/to
the new server.

Letting the old data die a natural death is the easiest solution.

Kelly J. Lipp
STORServer, Inc.
485-B Elkton Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
lipp AT storsol DOT com or kelly.lipp AT storserver DOT com
www.storsol.com or www.storserver.com
(719)531-5926
Fax: (240)539-7175