ADSM-L

Re: Netscape 7 & Web Admin

2002-09-14 21:27:55
Subject: Re: Netscape 7 & Web Admin
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2002 21:26:00 -0400
I can relate.

ADSM/TSM has not worked under NetScape since V6.x and 7 is no better. I
think it has something to do with the Gecko engine.

FWIW, I also tried it under Mozilla 1.0.  Same issue. No graphics, etc.
Now, since Mozilla 1.1 came out, it is actually usable. Only problem is an
echoing title/frame but much, much more usable than with 1.0.

Haven't tried it under the 1.2 Mozilla beta. Will do that when I get a
chance and see if they fixed it/addressed this problem !

>From the rumblings I am seeing/reading, Mozilla is much prefered over
Netscape and I agree with the comments.  Netscape has been ruined since it
was taken over by AOHell !  I      I dont want IM but NetScape 6+ won't
let me leave it out.

Shannon Bach <SBach AT MGE DOT COM>
09/13/2002 04:27 PM

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        Netscape 7 & Web Admin

Has anyone been able to use the TSM Web Administrator with Netscape 7? Our
PC's have been upgraded but I cannot get graphics, the command line or the
events to show.  I went out and downloaded a Netscape 4.7 to reinstall and
it works fine.  I was just wondering if anyone else has run across this
problem.

Shannon Bach
Madison Gas & Electric Co.
Operations Analyst - Data Center Services
Office 608-252-7260
Fax 608-252-7098
e-mail sbach AT mge DOT com