ADSM-L

Re: Novell clusters

2002-09-12 08:43:28
Subject: Re: Novell clusters
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 08:36:49 -0400
Until the 'cluster aware' client is released by Tivoli (I was told it would
be 5.1.5 due in Sept.) you are going to have duplicate backups.
The current clients identify the file space by hardware location and as such
if a volume fails over TSM sees it as residing on a new space and backs it
up as if it was the first time. If you've got the space (and time) go ahead
and get the backups done so if you have a failover in the middle of the
night you aren't dealing with a selective backup of some huge Netware
volume.

Can anyone from Tivoli speak to the details of the updated client?

Hey, way to beat up on those Dookies last weekend!

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems