ADSM-L

Re: TSM move off of mainframe????

2002-09-10 10:14:08
Subject: Re: TSM move off of mainframe????
From: "Adam J. Boyer" <Adam.J.Boyer AT FRB DOT GOV>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 10:12:10 -0400
Yes, we moved TSM off of a mainframe and onto a Sun/Solaris platform.  We
are very pleased with the performance.  If you have archive data then you
need to "move data" which will take a long time.  For backups, we pointed
all clients away from the mainframe and to the new Sun server, so all new
backups went through the Sun box.  But, we kept the mainframe ADSM around
long enough to cover the expiration period in case clients requested old
restores.  Then we shut down mainframe ADSM.

adam

                    Joni Moyer
                    <joni.moyer@HIG        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                    HMARK.COM>             cc:
                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     TSM move off of
mainframe????
                    Dist Stor
                    Manager"
                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI
                    ST.EDU>

                    09/10/2002
                    09:03 AM
                    Please respond
                    to "ADSM: Dist
                    Stor Manager"

Hello!

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input on LTO and 9840B/9940A.  It
was very helpful!  I have another question....  Has anyone moved TSM off of
the mainframe and onto a SUN/solaris platform which will be attached to our
SAN?  If so, do you have any advice or suggestions?  Maybe documentation or
a procedure plan for this process?  I've been looking on the tivoli site
and I have not found such a plan.  Thanks!!!!

Joni Moyer
Associate Systems Programmer
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
(717)975-8338