ADSM-L

Re: b/a client & HACMP: failover support

2002-09-06 06:46:29
Subject: Re: b/a client & HACMP: failover support
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 11:13:02 +0200
Hi

First, officially, the new B/A clients do have HACMP support. There is
also complete scripts to do this installation.

Inofficially, I have clients running HACMP, but also TSM servers running
HACMP with fail-over support. Only HACMP installation that is not
supported is using HACMP with Concurrent Access.

Yes, we have done restores of clients running HACMP, and it works well.
Only thing you have to do, is to move the TSM Client services with the
involved resource group.

For TSM servers, the installation is a bit more tricky, but it works. We
have an installation running 2 P-Series 660 servers and HACMP. On this
server, they are running TSM ver 4.2. They have about 450 clients, and
restores are being done one a daily basis.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 HÄGERNÄS
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"paolo.nasca AT inwind DOT it" <paolo.nasca
2002-09-06 10:53