ADSM-L

finding old filespaces from unix clients...

2002-09-05 21:30:45
Subject: finding old filespaces from unix clients...
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:48:08 -0700
I've noticed that if an entire filesystem is removed from a unix TSM client,
the environment (as a whole) will keep that data until manually purged.
I think this is OK/FINE/WHAT I WANT because you never know why an entire
filesystem has gone away (might just be varied offline, etc...)

but I still see obsolete data hanging on out there from 1998, 1999-ish so
what I've done is

select node_name,filespace_name as "filespace_name ",cast(backup_start as
varchar(10)) as bkupst, cast(backup_end as varchar(10)) as bkupend from
adsm.filespaces where cast(backup_end as varchar(7))<>'2002-09' > old_FS_out

or use ~where cast(backup_end as varchar(4))<>'2002'

this gives me a list of filesystems that I might manually purge after
further investigation.

just thought I'd pass this along.

Dwight E. Cook
Software Application Engineer III