ADSM-L

Re: 3494 label libvol strange behaviour

2002-09-05 06:17:32
Subject: Re: 3494 label libvol strange behaviour
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 12:17:54 +0200
On donderdag, september 5, 2002, at 11:49 , Mario Strehlow wrote:

Hello,

I use TSM 5.1 on AIX4.3.3 with a 3494 with four 3590E drives.
There's a strange behaviour when using the label libvol command.
The command is used like this:

label libvol 3494lib search=yes checkin=scratch devt=3590
volrange=031000,031001

The command returns successfully, but nothing happens.
I know that this happens, when no tapes within this volrange exist,
but I
can see them in the database of the 3494.

If I use the command

label libvol 031001 checkin=scratch devt=3590

it works, but I don't want to do this for 500 tapes.

Is it a TSM bug?

i think i noticed just recently that volrange does not work for just two
tapes, you must use vollist in that case. Could it have bene that you
had no tape-drives available at that time, te reason label libvol quits
is in the actlog....

Mario Strehlow

---
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam    http://www.sara.nl
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167
PGP keys at http://home.sara.nl/~remco/keys.asc

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer
industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams