ADSM-L

TSM 4.2 Install problem on Windows

2002-09-05 05:25:32
Subject: TSM 4.2 Install problem on Windows
From: Aloes consultant <tsmaloes AT YAHOO.COM DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 19:11:19 +1000
Hi all,

we experienced a TSM Server 4.2 installation on NT4SP6
server (IE 5.5).
When running setup.exe, dialog boxes prompt our
administrator about installation path, installation
type, etc. then clic Finish button.
A Dr Watson appears and installation procedure stops.

After investigations on the file system, directory
server1 is created in the path ...\tivoli\tsm\ and
contains a file tsm1.dat that contains erroneous
values for the lines :

set serverhladdress
set serverlladdress

We supposed that these values were issued from the
registry and were wrong in it. So we scratched
Windows, reinstalled it and tried again a TSM server
installation. Our problem persits.

TSM server version is 4.2.0.0 (Tivoli CDROMs). We have
tried some patches (4.2.2.4 and above) without
success.

Any idea ?

Thak's by advance !

=====
Aloes consultant team      http://www.aloes.fr
Paris             +33(1)40 00 08 00
Bordeaux          +33(5)57 26 51 09
Toulouse          +33(5)61 39 95 20
Nantes            +33(2)40 89 21 80
Orlians           +33(2)38 52 38 26

http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
- Now send & receive IMs on your mobile via SMS