ADSM-L

New and probably a simple question....

2002-09-04 23:31:29
Subject: New and probably a simple question....
From: "Wheelock, Michael D" <Michael.Wheelock AT INTEGRIS-HEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 22:18:22 -0500
Hi,

We are looking at a TSM solution here at our facility.  We are also looking
at reorganizing our file shares onto a Network Appliance platform.  From a
thorough reading of the TSM 5.1 manuals, it seems that TDP for NDMP only
supports image backups.  Needless to say on a busy fileserver that isn't
going to fly.  While it might be a good disaster recovery solution, it is
not the right one for day to day operations.

My question is, how do most people back these things up?  Do you use a CIFS
or NFS share and backup that way?  Or is there something I am missing?
Thanks in advance.

Michael Wheelock
Integris Health of Oklahoma