ADSM-L

NAS backup

2002-09-04 10:01:54
Subject: NAS backup
From: Jin Bae Chi <Jbaechi AT CSCC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 09:02:55 -0400
Hi, Experts,

We are in the middle of redesigning the backup strategy for network
servers. We will soon upgrade to TSM 5.1 on AIX 5L, which will enable us
to back up NAS device. When I called the support, they say that as long
as it talks NDMP and with TDP, there wouldn't be a problem. We have EMC
Clariion FC4500 and 4700 as NAS for network servers. Has anyone
experienced with NAS backup with this product or similar? I couldn't
find any documentation about what NAS products are supported with TSM
5.1. Your comment will help me tremendously!! Thanks a lot!!

Regards,

Jin Bae Chi (Gus)
System Admin/Tivoli
Data Center