ADSM-L

Cross platform restores?

2002-08-30 11:36:15
Subject: Cross platform restores?
From: "Copper, Steve" <scopper AT WESTERNPOWER.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 16:11:15 +0100
Hi All,

Quick question:

Is it possible to do a cross platform restore? If so, how?

I have some users who wish to restore a backup image of an NT4 server onto a
unix(AIX) server for purposes of DR (not my place to ask why). In my mind
this could be possible as it is effectively only a binary file. I have been
trying the "q backup" command with the fromnode option on the AIX server but
it can't seem to see any files from the NT node. The access is set on the NT
server to allow all users from all nodes access to the filespaces so I don't
think this is a problem.

TIA

Steve Copper

intended solely for  the use of the individual or  entity to whom
they  are addressed.  If  you have received  this email in  error
please notify postmaster AT westernpower.co DOT uk.

This  footnote also confirms  that this  message  has been  swept
for all known viruses by the MessageLabs  Virus Scanning Service.
For further  information  please visit http://www.messagelabs.com