ADSM-L

Re: How to list files backed up

2002-08-30 06:57:43
Subject: Re: How to list files backed up
From: Alexander Verkooijen <alex AT SARA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:41:08 +0200
On 30-Aug-02 Cahill, Ricky wrote:
> I must be missed something really obvious as all I want to do is list all
> the files that were backed up by a node in it's last backup, but  can't seem
> to find any simple way to do this.

If it is a scheduled backup you can
check dsmsched.log on the client.
If it is not, you'll have to redirect
the output of the dsmc command to a file.

Or you can try this on the server:

select filespace_name,hl_name,ll_name -
from backups -
where node_name='MYNODE' -
and days(current_date)-1 < days(backup_date)

You'll may have to change the '-1' in the
last line if the interval between your backups
is more than 1 day.

This query can take a long time to complete
depending on the number of files on the client.

Hope this helps,

Alexander

Alexander Verkooijen        (alexander AT sara DOT nl)
Senior Systems Programmer
SARA High Performance Computing