ADSM-L

Windows CAD: bind to specific IP address?

2002-08-30 06:40:06
Subject: Windows CAD: bind to specific IP address?
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen AT QUADPRO.STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 12:42:48 +0200
Hi there,

On a Microsoft Cluster, I'd like to install the TSM client. The cluster
is set up as follows:

 * two physical machines, CL1 and CL2
 * two 'virtual' machines, NT1 and PS1

I'd like to create four TSM Client Nodes: CL1, CL2, NT1 and PS1. Both the
cluster nodes CL1 and CL2, as well as the cluster resources NT1 and PS1
have their own IP address. (This means there are four IP addresses in
total).

What I would like to do is create four instances of the Client Acceptor
Daemon. One for CL1 bound to the IP address of CL1, one for NT1 bound to
the IP address of NT1, and so on.

The problem is that the Client Acceptor binds to 0.0.0.0. I cannot find a
way to tell the Client Acceptor to bind to a specific IP address. There is
a way to tell the TSM server to connect to a specific IP address
(TCPClientAddress parameter) when contacting the specific client node, but
this doesn't stop the Client Acceptor on that node to still bind to all IP
addresses on the machine.

--
Jurjen Oskam

PGP Key available at http://www.stupendous.org/