ADSM-L

Re: Rationalise policy domains

2002-08-29 17:42:02
Subject: Re: Rationalise policy domains
From: "William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 17:30:41 -0400
John, if you set the "Query Schedule Period" to a low number,
say 4 hours, you will be able to change the domain and schedule
and avoid having the client schedule obtain a schedule
which you then delete.  In the admin ref, see the set command for
query schedule period and try to find some guidance on it
in the admin guide.  I haven't done this but I think it will work.

Bill

At 11:30 AM 8/27/2002, you wrote:
>Historically I have a number of policy domains based on client os.
>Well it seemed a good idea at the time.
>My question is I now want to rationalise all the policy domains into say two,
>but with the least disruption or work at client level(none if possible)
>My main concern is that I will lose all the schedules and their associations,
>and that I will need on netware for example to reload the scheduler on the
>client to pick
>up the new schedule information.
>I think I may also need to stop/ start the scheduler for nt clients
>Am I correct in these beliefs?
>I know that I will need to ensure that the new domains contain the same
>management classes, to avoid rebinding, but are there any other things I need
>be aware of.
>Thanks
>John

>The information in this E-Mail is confidential and may be legally
>privileged. It may not represent the views of Scottish and Southern
>Energy plc.
>It is intended solely for the addressees. Access to this E-Mail by
>anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient,
>any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted
>to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
>Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
>the error in transmission.
>
>Scottish Hydro-Electric, Southern Electric, SWALEC and S+S
>are trading names of the Scottish and Southern Energy Group.

Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab
Cambridge Ma.