ADSM-L

Installing Solaris Client with low disk space

2002-08-28 10:04:12
Subject: Installing Solaris Client with low disk space
From: Arthur <arthur_vd AT GMX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 15:46:21 +0200
I'm about to install the TSM 5.1.1 on a Solaris 7 machine. Unluckily
there's not a lot of disk space in / (49 of 96 MB) and /var (24 of 96
MB) but enough in /opt, /tmp and /usr. After reading the README I think
the client will go into /opt but it also states, that you need 150 MB
temporary disk space in the root (var) filesystems.

Does anyone know where exactly these files go during the installation,
so I could make a symlink to some free disk space?

Thank you

Arthur