ADSM-L

Re: 3494 on MVS vs AIX

2002-08-27 10:29:15
Subject: Re: 3494 on MVS vs AIX
From: "Cook, Dwight E" <DWIGHT.E.COOK AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 06:47:56 -0700
FYI...
Further investigation show that if the I/O station is full (10 tapes) and no
more need to be ejected you see "all output stations full"...

Library Data:
   operational state..........Automated Operational State
   functional state...........00
   input stations.............1
   output stations............1
   input/output status........ALL input stations empty
                              ALL output stations full
   machine type...............3494
   sequence number............13256
   number of cells............1882

but as soon as you try to eject an 11th tape you get the additon of
"intervention required"

Library Data:
   operational state..........Automated Operational State
                              Intervention Required
   functional state...........00
   input stations.............1
   output stations............1
   input/output status........ALL input stations empty
                              ALL output stations full
   machine type...............3494
   sequence number............13256
   number of cells............1882