ADSM-L

reclamation copy storage pool

2002-08-24 10:13:34
Subject: reclamation copy storage pool
From: Kurt Beyers <kurt.beyers AT PANDORA DOT BE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 15:56:06 +0200
Hi,

I've got a question about reclamation in copy storage pools where the
volumes are sent offsite by a DRM module.

I understand that in a primary storage pool, reclamation occurs only for
tape volumes that have status=full. However, for copy storage pool volumes
that are created and off-sited daily, their status remains 'Filling'.

Suppose that I sent daily 1 copy pool tape offsite that is filled for 25%
only. If I run now afterwards a  reclamation process in the copy storage
pool (eg reclaim if tape contains only 40% data), will this offsite tape be
reclaimed as well directly?

Thanks for the assistance,

Kurt