ADSM-L

scratch-volumes for tape-stgpool

2002-08-23 12:13:55
Subject: scratch-volumes for tape-stgpool
From: Sascha Braeuning <Sascha.Braeuning AT SPARKASSEN-INFORMATIK DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:34:07 +0200
Hi,

I found something curious on my system (OS/390, TSM 4.2.2.2): The amount of
actual scratch volumes in a storagepool named UCART3490 is 245. The amount
of maximum scratch volumes allowed for this pool is 300. But this night the
server ran out of storagepool-space because UCART3490 seems to be full
because TSM takes no new scratch-volume (scratch volumes where available in
the tape-roboter). When I raised the number of maximum scratch volumes
allowed to 325 the server took new scratch volumes and goes on.

Any idea, what happened there?

MfG
Sascha Bräuning

Sparkassen Informatik, Fellbach

OrgEinheit: 6322
Wilhelm-Pfitzer Str. 1
70736 Fellbach

Telefon:   (0711) 5722-2144
Telefax:   (0711) 5722-1630

Mailadr.:  sascha.braeuning AT sparkassen-informatik DOT de