ADSM-L

Re: Unable to backup Netware 6 SP 2 Cluster volumes located on 2105 ESS

2002-08-22 16:48:28
Subject: Re: Unable to backup Netware 6 SP 2 Cluster volumes located on 2105 ESS
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 16:49:20 -0400
Peter,

You have to tweak your Netware so that TSM recognizes the shared volume. The
TID from Novell on how to configure a Netware 6 server for ADSM and
non cluster aware backup systems is # 10065605. There is also a patch to
download and install with this TID -

Please note: with Netware 6, you no longer manually load the smdr, tsaX
etc etc, there is an NCF file that does it. With that file there are
basic scripts called and they need to be edited as stated in the TID.

good luck

--
Jim Kirkman
AIS - Systems