ADSM-L

Re: 5.1.1 Windows 2000 scheduler won't start

2002-08-22 16:28:16
Subject: Re: 5.1.1 Windows 2000 scheduler won't start
From: Eliza Lau <lau AT VTCAT.CC.VT DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 15:52:10 -0400
Tim,

I haven't heard back from Level 2.  I don't even know what APAR it is given.
The scheduler fails to start the first time after we installed the 5.1.1
client on a Windows 2000 server (not Professional).  The event number in the
event log is
7031  The TSM scheduler service terminated unexpectedly

After the machine reboots, the scheduler doesn't start even though it is set
to auto.  The event number is
7022  The TSM scheduler service hung on starting

Starting it manually then after works.

We can recreate it every time the machine boots.  This is a new Windows box
with a new w2k server installed on it.

Eliza