ADSM-L

Re: cache hit rate

2002-08-22 09:52:53
Subject: Re: cache hit rate
From: Lisa Cabanas <CABANL AT MODOT DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 08:54:35 -0500

>because I need legislative authorization here to stop and restart my TSM
server.

Geesh, and I thought that politics around my shop were bad!

                      "Brian L. Nick"

                      <BRIAN.                  To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      NICK@PHOENIXWM.          cc:

                      COM>                     Subject:  Re: cache hit rate

                      Sent by: "ADSM:

                      Dist Stor

                      Manager" <ADSM-

                      L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      08/22/2002 06:25

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      "ADSM: Dist Stor

                      Manager"

John,

 We were running into performance issues after upgrading the STM server to
4.2.1.15 and Tivoli suggested that bufpoolsize for us. I thought that it
was too large as well. What we were not doing, and still are not, is coding
a region parameter of 512M. We are using the old 0M parameter. I can't
change that right now because I need legislative authorization here to stop
and restart my TSM server. Looks like I'm stuck with the 0M region until
Saturday.

                      "John Naylor"
                      <john.naylor@SCOTTISH-SOUT         To:       ADSM-
L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
                      HERN.CO.UK>                        cc:
                      Sent by: "ADSM: Dist Stor          Subject:  Re:
cache hit rate
                      Manager"
                      <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>

                      08/22/02 05:29 AM
                      Please respond to "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor Manager"

I have almost the same as you
os390 2.10 and tsm database 18.5 gb used
I have region size at 512 m but my bufferpool is only 49152
I am seeing 98% plus cache hit, so I do not see where  bufpoolsize 225280
is coming from.

"Brian L. Nick" <brian.nick AT phoenixwm DOT com> on 08/21/2002 05:34:34 PM

Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu>